Blanchard School

"The Blanchard School, originally built in 1873 on land donated by a cotton mill, has been meticulously restored and transformed by the Virginal Blanchard Memorial Housing Association (VBMH) and Jon Juhl of JNJUHL & Associates into 25 new affordable rental apartments. Nine units are in the original structure and 16 are in a 20,200-square-foot addition at the rear of the building. The former third-floor gym/auditorium has been converted into a large community space with a small community kitchen." - MHIC Annual Report 2018

The project building is an important part of the town's history having served as an elementary school for over 125 years. The renovation and the adaptive reuse of this building provides 25 units of rental housing for households at an income level less than 60% of the Area Median. The sponsor intend to give preference to Town of Uxbridge residents.


View Project Images



Contact Us Today